We had a quite Christmas this year. Christmas eve we a couple of good friends come over for dinner and drinks, Rea, Shane and their son (who is 18) along with Bonnie and Chris. We had a good time sitting around and just telling jokes and laughing.
Christmas morning Jessy was the first person up and had to wake Kody and us up at 8:30! Lazy morning. We made coffee and sat to watch the kids open their presents. The got some good stuff from Santa and everyone! Thank you to everyone for what they did this year, I know how hard it is on everyone. After presents Dad made the traditional Danish breakfast Ebelsciever (kind of like a round pancake). He figured out how to make it Gluten free so we are VERY happy. The recipe that Scott had was for a lot of people and we forgot about that so we had a lot of food. We had the kids take a plate of them along with some Raspberry jam and powered sugar to a neighbors so we didn't' have to throw so much away.
Christmas Day eve we went over to Rea and Shane's for dinner with their family. We had a good time again! While we were their we got a phone call from Brianna's mom stating that Brianna's flight was cancelled for the morning due to fog. That ended our stay at Rea's quite quickly. We headed home so I could figure out what to do next. After a few exciting minutes tyring to find a phone number that actually had someone from the airline answering I moved Brianna to the next flight Sunday Morning.
Saturday morning I woke up about 8 and thought that I would try to see if the fog had lifted from Oregon. It had. I rushed to call the airline again and got Brianna switched to an afternoon flight! I called Brianna's mom and woke her up but they were happy we got Brianna switched.
Brianna got in about 3 Saturday afternoon. Scott picked her up while Jessy finished cleaning the bedroom they are sharing because of the house construction. Details on that in a bit. The rest of Sat was just a hang out and catch up day. Sunday we went to see Sherlock Holmes with Rea, Shane, and Dustin then went to a late lunch/early dinner at a pasta/pizza joint that has Gluten Free food. Movie, food and company all rocked!!
Scott took the week off from work to be with the kids so Monday I went to work early so we could go to see Avatar @ 3 that afternoon. We all enjoyed this movie! We can't wait until it is out on BlueRay. I can't afford to see it in the movie theater again but really want to see it more then the once.
The rest of the week the kids played a lot of Wii and Scott had a good time with them. We played some board games and just had a good week.
Today we went to get family pictures done with Brianna in them this time. Rea (rsphotographyanddesign.com) did the pictures, as usual, because she does such a great job!! We went up to a park in Layton and did pictures in the snow. I think they turned out well but don't have any to post yet.
We have one more night with Brianna and then she is home till summer. I will post pictures as soon as I have some.
No comments:
Post a Comment