Willow is hanging in there. We gave her a steroid shot a week ago Saturday that was suppose to suppress the cancer in the lymph system. It worked really well for a week or so but since this weekend she is going down hill again. She is tired, and has labored breathing and doesn't have the energy she use to have. Scott is going to call the vet and see if we can/should do another shot since it only worked for the week and not the full two. It sounded like the vet was willing to do a series of shots if it made her feel better and kept her with us for another couple of months. I am not real sure if that is the right choice. We will see what the vet has to say.
We have discussed what we are going to do once Willow is gone with Sosha but we have no idea how she is going to react. One, she is a depressed dog anyway and is on meds not to be such a freak so i don't know if there really will be a difference but then again this is her litter mate. They have only been apart for a couple of weeks when we got the wrong dog the first time around (for those of you that weren't around then, we had picked up Willow and another dog but she had some major health issues and she was suppose to be a he anyway. We returned her and picked up Sosha which was Jessy's first pick anyway). We have discussed we may have to get a puppy if Sosha doesn't handle being alone but then she doesn't like other dogs at all. It is so hard to tell what is going to happen. If anyone has any suggestions or hints I am open to all. Maybe I am not seeing something since this is my first experience with this situation. Cats don't really care when the other is no longer there.
1 comment:
I'm sorry, Darcy. I didn't know Willow was so bad off. I hope it all goes well. I would just wait and see how Sosha does and then make a decision. It'll all work out. =)
Post a Comment