Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My brother is making me look bad

I look at my mom and my brother's blogs all the time for updates on the family and so far my brother is the one that is not letting me down. I have not updated since APRIL? and I get upset if I have seen anything on Jake in more then a couple of weeks. OMG, I need to pick up the slack if I can say anything at all!!
All is OK here in Utah. Just got our first real good snow since winter started but it hasn't lasted long. It is suppose to be real warm for Turkey Day, in the 5o's! Why do people think that is warm? IDK.
The last time I posted I mentioned that we got a new cat. Well, Sam was a great cat and we all loved him dearly. Unfortunately he has not been home since Oct 17th. It has broken Jessy's heart since he really was her "son". Scott and I decided that Jess would get a cat for Christmas from us since she was so in need of that closeness she had with Sam. I don't know how but she found out that was the plan so we just went on Monday to get it early. (Sorry Jess, no more presents for you). We decided since this was a family pet we would all go to pick him out. Scott, Jess, me and Kody all went to the animal shelter Monday after school. I knew that we had a good thing with Sam so I was going to look for the same type of cat, boy about 3-5 months old. When we got to the shelter there were 2 older cats and 3 kittens about the age I was looking for were out on the floor playing. They have a room that the cats live in while wait to find a home. They also have some cages in there also for various reasons. In those were 3 baby kittens, 2 grey girls and a white/tortoise colored male and then about a 8 month old orange tabby. If anyone of you have know me for more then the 15 years Jess has been alive then you know about my orange tabby, Spliff. I loved Spliff because he was just a mellow cat and I was looking for an orange tabby again when I found Sam in April. I picked up the orange tabby on Monday and didn't want to put him down. I knew he wasn't what we were there to get but he was exactly what I have been wanting for over a year now! I looked at Scott knowing he would say "No" and asked if we could get 2. He just looked at me like I had 6 heads! I put the cat back and went to looking at the kittens. A few minutes later Scott said "it is up to you if you want two, I am just going to walk and look at the dogs." Well, I was not going to give him time to change his mind so I told the worker to put the orange one (now known as Hemi) in a carrier and that we would decide on the second one in a minute. It was a hard choice for the second one between a black and white one that looked like Sam but was very cuddly and the white/tortoise one that was only 6 weeks old. Jessy and I decided that the younger one was just a little to much work and now we have another black and white cat but his name is Gizmo (yes, from Gremlins!) Jessy has no idea why I named him Gizmo but anyone who has seen the movie and my cat will agree it is perfect! So we are now up to 2 dogs and 2 cats. We are just lucky that the girls (dogs) are not social or we would have come home with a Great Dane on Monday also!






No comments: