My family is cursed with flat feet. My great aunt had horrible feet, my grandmother on another side didn't have much better luck, my mother, my brother, myself. You get the picture. I have no idea why I thought my kids wouldn't get the same problems but I did. Well, I did until about 2 weeks ago when I took Jess in for a Podiatry appointment. I knew her feet weren't good but I didn't think they were as bad as they were. The doctor took some X-Rays and told me that the degree of severity Jess as a 15. It doesn't sound like much but when he said at the severity of 16 they are looking at a surgery that would put someone in a cast and off that foot for 3 months I listened! He said that if we did not get surgery done now it would not be easy so I looked at the calendar and figured out when soccer season started and when we are going horseback riding at Laura's and decided that the 16
th of January was the only option. Jess will be unable to do anything "heavy" to her feet for 6 weeks after surgery.
Jan 16
th came and we headed up the the surgery center. She was nervous as so was I but neither one of us needed to be. She did great. The doctor said there was not any cartilage damage and the surgery was straight forward. The rest of the weekend went just as well. She had 2 or 3 times where she asked me if she could take her
meds but other then that she was good. I kept her on the pain pill every 6 hours and
IB every 6 alternating in 3 hours
intervals. It worked beautifully! This morning I took her for her first dentist appointment post braces and found out she has 12 teeth with cavities and most of them are 2 to 3 surface cavities. Will it ever end?
3 comments:
Looking pretty good for just having surgery!! I didn't look that good!! Keep smiling tomorrow when you get back to school Jessy and everyone has fun with your "boots"!!
Why is she blue??
playing with the camara settings on my phone
Post a Comment