I apologize again for how long this post was in coming but I have MAJOR issues getting into my account. I set it up when we were still in AZ and forgot to switch everything over from my old email before I lost it and now it is a fight to get it to recognize me. Anyway, it did today so you will get a few posts out of me.
Jessy went in for the stress test and did very well. The doctor said that the heart did what it was suppose to and that since she did not have any family history to speak of and no symptoms that we knew of, she passed with flying colors!!! I am soooo happy we went from 3 diseases down to 2!! Now we just have to follow the ADHD and the Celiac!!
As for Kody, we did have his blood drawn but it was negative for Celiac as was his sisters so I have requested we still do the biopsy. Scott thinks I am a little insane for it but I need to know that what I am feeding my kid is not hurting him. That is scheduled for June 10th.
I went in for my biospies and they did come back positive for Celiac. There was actual damage done called "scalloping" but that should heal in 6 months on the gulten free diet.
I have been mostly gluten free for a week and a half. I did really well the first week and did notice an improvement but I had told myself that I was going to have my favorate dessert one last time so that is what Scott and I did last Monday. Chili's has a white chocolate molten lava cake that is to DIE for and that was my last meal, so to speak. The hardest part about this diet now that I am into the swing of it is to do "fast" food. In the past we would order pizza or chinese if we were tired and didn't feel like cooking or if I never made it to the store during the week. Now we don't have that easy way out and have to get a little more creative. It is not that it is impossible but figuring it out is a pain in the but! It will become second nature soon but that transition time is a killer.
No comments:
Post a Comment