Saturday, May 31, 2008

Kody's New Hair

I am the type of parent that really doesn't care what my children do with their hair, for the most part. I do want them looking presentable and color is a questionable matter but for the most part if they want it long fine, if they want it short fine. Not my body, why should I care?
Any who, Kody has said for the last 6 months that he wants his hair long. I was letting him grow it out and just getting it "cleaned up" every few months or so. This is what it looked like until last week.


The bangs were a little shaggy so I told him we needed to go and get his hair cut. He was fine with it so away we went. When we got there I pulled out a magazine and started showing him all kinds of boys hair cuts from the shag look to spiky to shaved. He decided what he wanted and when it was his turn he showed the hairdresser and away they went.





Here is his reaction when he looked in the mirror. The hairdresser had his head down when she was shaving the back so it was a surprise to him.









This is only part of what came off his head! I took this picture right after she finished shaving the back and sides.











And the finished product! Scott didn't know we did this so when he got home that night he saw Kody walking down the street and didn't even know it was him! The short hair makes him look like a completely different child!

2 comments:

Shannen said...

Ohhh I'm loving the hair. He does look completely different. :)

The Old Women said...

So cute!!!! He looks older!Jessy says she likes the long hair better. I think that is because she can't play with his hair now.